This episode features Dr. Bret Weinstein, a biologist who got national attention during the 2017 Evergreen State College protests. There's a thread that spans the entire interview about the deemphasis of the scientific process.
It's a three hour interview. If you don't have time to listen to the whole thing, here are the highlights on how to dismantle STEM (aka #shutdownstem):
Steps (maybe not in this exact order):
- Create a movement about disassembling things that makes the west marvelous (24:03).
- Broadcast: #shutdownstem (24:16)
- e.g.: "1000s of scientists go on strike to protest systemic racism in STEM" (25:44)
- Claim: The sciences are unfairly biased in favor of those who are successful (30:04).
- Attack The Enlightenment (38:17).
- Identify "race traitors" who is anyone studying science because science is racist (41:39).
- Ensure that even if movement dies down, it'll be back (1:28:13).
Like I said, it might not be possible pull off in this order. For your movement to have the power to get existing scientists to declare that science should be shut down, you have to have established this narrative for decades. Which also implies that if your movement can implement parts of this, you need the resources to keep repeating the process until STEM is dismantled. Congratulations!!
Some background of Dr. Weinstein (2018):