In no particular order, here are today's links from my RSS feed. Please consider clicking through to upvote any Steem post(s) on the list.
(Note: Sharing does not imply agreement or endorsement.)
As mentioned in previous posts, here is a visualization tool for mapping the cases of COVID-19 occurrences.
According to the site, this morning's worldwide number of reported cases was 1,870,076 with 441,323 recoveries, 116,052 fatalities, and 557,663 cases reported in the US. With 27,463 new cases, this is the first time since I've been logging data that the number of new cases in the US has declined during two consecutive days (yesterday saw 28,585 and Saturday saw 35,316).
Of the cases in the US, the site reports 42,018 recoveries, 22,146 deaths, and 23,036 cases in Pennsylvania (with 561 deaths).
In the US, the site is also reporting 93,631 hospitalizations and 2,821,149 total tests.
- Steem @taskmaster4450: Drones Being Used To Assist The Lockdown
- Steem @lifecoma: A closer look at disease severity.
- Steem @rt-international: Sweden’s flawed coronavirus battle plan hits the poor & elderly, resulting in worst death count among Nordic countries (Op-Ed)
- Steem @meepins: US COVID update (13-04-2020)
- Verizon introduces open-source, big data coronavirus search engine - Subtitle: So much sickness, so much data, so little time. To help make sense of coronavirus research Verizon Media has created Vespa, an open-source big data search engine.
- Today’s Cartoon: April 13, 2020
- ‘He said it was the sickest he’s ever been in his life’: How to care for a coronavirus patient at home - Subtitle: Isolate the person, know when (and when not) to take them to the hospital, and stay calm
- A Coronavirus Spread Through U.S. Pigs in 2013. Here’s How It Was Stopped - Subtitle: The containment practices of outbreaks past could have lessons for modern epidemics
- The Secret History of the First Coronavirus
- Study shows pangolins may have passed new coronavirus from bats to humans
- Celebs share rumors linking 5G to coronavirus, nutjobs burn cell towers - Subtitle: Pressure of a pandemic brings old fears of new wireless tech into the open.
- Coronavirus and the Tradeoff Between Big Government and Competent Government
- How the coronavirus pandemic could impact the future of Philly's food economy
- The mortgage industry is facing a crisis because of the coronavirus — and borrowers could fall through the cracks - Subtitle: ‘There’s just no way anybody could have enough capital set aside to handle the kind of payments that servicers could have to make’
- Wuhan Coronavirus could deliver coup de grâce for local and digital media - Subtitle: News companies have either laid off, furloughed, or reduced the pay of over 28,000 worker, as ad revenue collapses.
- CDC Director: 'I Think... We Are Nearing the Peak' of Coronavirus Cases
- Are Young People Safe? | Coronavirus
- Golf Can Be An Act of Civil Disobedience During the Coronavirus Crisis - Subtitle: In an age of irrational government action, playing golf — socially distanced from others — can be an act of defiance.
- Former Disney CEO Bob Iger has informally reasserted control during the coronavirus crisis, The New York Times reports
- Listen to Pitbull’s uplifting anthem in response to the coronavirus pandemic - Subtitle: ‘We’re going to get through this,’ the rapper says
- Put off summer vacation planning due to coronavirus uncertainty, warns EU Commission’s president - Subtitle: Too soon to tell if travel will be possible in July and August, she says
- Winklevoss: Bitcoin Faces Coronavirus ‘Inflection Point’ Amid Oil Woes
Consistent with the rules for the Share n Burn community, a beneficiary setting of 100% has been applied to this post for @null.