Today been a very short one in school, we close very early in the industrial park location and immediately I headed back home, after getting home and taking my shower, I was left with no option to sit with my spoiled piano adapter which I lend out to my friend who said he wanted to make use of my keyboard and coming back later he told me that the adapter didn't later power the keyboard which means it is faulty, I couldn't fight him because he was my close and friend but there was no money at hand to get new one, but since I am an engineering student, I decided to carry out some experiment on the adapter putting my mind at 50-50 rate, if at the point of repairing it got spoilt that's all and if not that's my luck on the experiment.
I had some equipment which I brought to school from home in other to handle some minor issues on electronics.
SOME OF THE INSTRUMENTS WHICH I USED
- Set of screw
- gas cooker
STEPS FOLLOWED WHEN CARRYING OUT THE OPERATION
So before I entered into the experiment to know what happened to the adapter for not supplying power, I first unscrew the screws from the outer part of the adapter and after that I checked through the adaptor to see first if any of the elements are not burnt and nine of them was burnt. So I checked through the wires and I saw that one has been away from the panel which is needed to be sold using soldering iron but I couldn't find my soldering iron anywhere in the house.
GETTING ANOTHER OPTION INSTEAD OF SOLDERING IRON
When I saw I couldn't find the soldering iron and I must do the work today if not I won't be chanced again, I went to light my gas cooker to serve as heat and I put in another thin screw into the fire which I allowed it to be over heated and it serves as the soldering iron, I was surprised when I saw it sold the wire back to the panel. Thanks for the engineering knowledge which I applied there and I know I will still get more of new ideas soonest.
When I saw that it has been sold, I also change the plug which will enter into the socket because that has also been faulty due to my lending out, and after that I taped the expose wire to prevent electrification to the body and also I input the plug to the socket and I tested the adapter with a tester and it was working well, I had to couple it back together to continue using the adapter and that has saved my cost of buying new one just because of a little water which remove from the panel.
I plug it for over hours to see whether it will show any sign of burning or sparking but none of this things happen and they were all working in a perfect condition. That's all from me to you guys.