Chris Hadfield has got to be up there as one of those modern day Canadian (Global) Hero's. At least I consider him so
He has some down-to-earth advice for those self isolation. He's put out a 2:05 minute video with his sage advice from many days spent in absolute self isolation in space.
Watch his video here
Four principles to coping with self isolation
- Understand the actual known risk
- Understand your purpose/objective
- Take action
If managing on your own is not your cup of tea and you are having serious issues with self isolation there are things that I would suggest that are in line with the principles above.
- Reach out to your support network; find others online (like here on HIVE), or like my son has done - group facetime with friends, use the resource on the Internet.
- Do something practical; Clean a closet, do some gardening (assuming there's no snow), start a puzzle. Do what you can to keep busy.
- Avoid the speculation and rely on facts. Read information from globally trusted sources.
And if that doesn't do it for you how about this serenade from space. David Bowe, himself, has refereed to this cover of his song as ‘possibly the most poignant version of the song ever created’
Have a listen and you decide.
I hope this helps in some way. I know he inspires me. I even model my stash after his ;-) - or so my wife (@felicenavidad) says.
Let me know how you are coping, what are your doing? Off to clean under the sink...