Here's how to fix it
- Turn-off laptop.
- Turn-on laptop, when the screen turns on press "F2" or "Fn + F2" on the keyboard to access the BIOS/UEFI.
- Go to "Exit".
- Select "OS Optimized Defaults".
- Select "Win8 64bit".
- Save your changes then restart the laptop.
- Lenovo IdeaPad S410p laptop
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Seconds after turning on the laptop (after the desktop loads) it shows a blue screen with IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error description.
Cause of the error
- Error started after reformatting the laptop (from Windows 8 to Windoss 8.1)
Most of the time (if not always) IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is invoked by a driver error.
It is probably because the laptop's OS is upgraded from Windows 8 Home to Windows 8.1 Pro.
Sometimes it is caused by a corrupted driver.
Luckily, changing the setting on the BIOS/UEFI fixes the error.
If this fix doesn't work for you
Try to return the laptop's OS to its original OS which is Windows 8 Home.
Some words from the author
Most of the troubleshooting tips that I am sharing on this platform are based on my work experiences.
There is no "fix all" solution (some solution may not work with other devices).