Big Bang theory script
Science and religion always had disputes, ever since the beginning of time. Science stood on the solid groundwork of evidences and Religion on fed on people's belief, and imagination. Before the twentieth century, there was no general agreement or agreed benchmark on whether or not the universe had a start or existed ever since. Some researchers and religious fanatics believed and went ahead within the claims of the Bible, that God created the Universe. Others decided to check the sweet nectar of the night skywatching and easily believed that it absolutely was continuously there (still a belief without an evidence).
It was only at the start of the twentieth century, when two theories emerged and stood strong, these were
- The Big Bang Theory
- Steady State Theory (Steady State Cosmos)
The Big Bang Theory is very definitive, and states that Universe Began at some point i.e. Universe has a beginning or start and it's not eternal, at some certain point in time, it will collapse. On the other hand, the Steady State Theory (Steady State Cosmos) suggest Universe is ever existent and is eternal, will remain forever.
In year 1916, Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity gathered him not only the fame throughout the world, but also his equations proposed the Universe has the Begining. His equations had a provision to predict the speed of galaxies moving away from each other, i.e. strong support to the idea of expansion of Universe. However, the idea of Expanding of Universe didn't impress Albert Einstein and thus he added the cosmological constant and turn the table around, now his theory was supporting the Steady State Theory i.e. Universe is Eternal. At this point when religion decided to intervene and the Roman Catholic Priest, also the Belgian cosmologist George Lemaitre proved that Albert Einstein's idea of Eternal Universe was wrong or adding cosmological constant was the mistake. He predicted, the presence of cosmic microwave radiation (Universe's oldest electromagnetic waves) due to Big Bang. However may astronomer, astrophysicists and scientific community didn't like George's idea to support Big Bang theory and believed that George had hidden agenda of supporting the Catholic church and pushing it ahead to align it with the biblical textual claims of God Created the Universe. Due to this George faced many backlash and criticism from scientific community. iI was in year 1964, for the first time scientist detected the cosmic microwave radiation that George Lemaitre had predicted and thus since then it remains one of the strongest evidence of Big Bang Theory.
Steady State Theory (Steady State Cosmology):
- SST or SSC proposes universe to have average properties that are constant and same in entire observable universe, hence universe is needed to create a continuous and spontaneous matter all the time to maintain the constant average densities throughout universe as it expands.
- Steady State Theory also proposes universe has no beginning and no end. it is eternal and infinite.
Similarities between Big bang Theory and Steady State Theory (Steady State Cosmology)
- Both theories, believe in expanding universe.
- Distance and Speed are related.
Differences - Steady State Theory (Steady State Cosmology)
- SSC claims Universe has no beginning - its eternal, always the same.
- Does not change with time.
- No supporting theory or evidences to support or explain Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB)
Differences - Big Bang Theory
- Big Bang initiated as compressed hot state of matter
- Big Bang Theory suggest universe expansion is speeding up.
- BBT explained and proved Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB)
What lead to Steady State Theory being discarded.
- SST mentions there were multiple cosmic radio sources, billion of years ago than they are now, that means universe is changing over time and this contradicts its own claim of Eternal Universe.
- Discovery of Quasars and Pulsars found at distance of many light years from earth, they are found only in earlier universe, strong support to the beginning of universe.
- SST failed to accommodate and prove the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB).