An update on vaping related illness in the United States; Singapore aims to become a global leader in artificial intelligence; New observations lead researchers to question the existence of dark energy; A survey of the history of human thought about alien life; and a Steem essay describing a personal experience with impostor syndrome
Straight from my RSS feed
Whatever gets my attention
Links and micro-summaries from my 1000+ daily headlines. I filter them so you don't have to.
pixabay license: source.
- Vaping Update: Policy Versus Reality - According to the video, the current scare over vaping has been an example of a mismatch between policy and reality. In recent months, somewhere around 2,000 individuals have been taken ill and even died from vaping related illnesses, but from the beginning, the evidence seemed to point towards so-called "informal" sources (grey/black market) of the products. The CDC has now confirmed that one of the primary sources seems to be Vitamin E acetate, which is often added by informal sources as a thickening agent. Policy-makers, however embarked quickly on a series of proposals that targeted formal sources. Most of those policies have now stalled, but (according to the video) if they had been enacted, they may have increased the purchases from informal sources, and also driven ex-smokers from vaping back to smoking, thereby increasing the overall health risk to consumers.
Here is the video:
Here is Hossenfelder's video:
Click through for the transcript.
In order to help bring Steem's content to a new audience, if you think this post was informative, please consider sharing it through your other social media accounts.
And to help make Steem the go to place for timely information on diverse topics, I invite you to discuss any of these links in the comments and/or your own response post.
- Burn SBD - @null - 5%
- Cited author(s) - @koalazub - 10%
- Fundraising for the Rustin Golden Knights Marching Band - @rgkmb-unofficial - 10%
- Posting and/or scheduling service (steempeak.com) - @steempeak - 5%
- Steem/API services (anyx.io) - anyx - 5%
- Steem/RSS services (steemrss.com) - torrey.blog - 5%
- SteemWorld (steemworld.org) support - steemchiller - 5%
Sharing a link does not imply endorsement or agreement, and I receive no incentives for sharing from any of the content creators.
Thanks to SteemRSS from philipkoon, doriitamar, and torrey.blog for the Steem RSS feeds!