Computing today was one of a multitude of computer magazines published in the U.K. in the 1980s. The March 1984 issue includes:
- Consumer News - A bumper bundle of items about the latest products for the consumer.
- Soft Wares - A round-up of commercial software packages for home and business.
- Easycode Part 1 - By stimulating the action of a microprocessor using a BASIC program, this series hopes to teach the machine code novice what it's all about.
- Book Page - Our usual in-depth comparative book review, plus a number of quickies to clear the backlog on our bookshelves.
- BBC Poker - You won't lose your shirt playing Poker against this simulation - all the money is stored in variables. But just try to read your opponent's expression!
- SCOPE Review - Several languages other than BASIC have been released for the ZX Spectrum, but this one is a bit different. Simple Compilation of Plain English is designed to allow machine code speed in graphics routines, for programmers who want to write their own arcade games.
- Genie Utilities - Here are some useful machine code routines (only 334 bytes in total) that provide USR calls from BASIC with some enhancements such as multiple parameters. There's also a number base converter and a VDU statement.