In Nigeria, the eggplants or garden egg is a seasonal fruit that is collected and used as a vegetable, despite the fact that it is officially a fruit. Garden eggs are well-known throughout Nigeria and are regularly sold in outdoor marketplaces, but they are more abundant in the southern part of the country
Garden eggs are smaller and come in a range of colors, from green to light orange to white. Some types have a perfect round to oval shape, while others resemble tomatoes in shape. Since of this, and because some garden eggs have a bitter taste, they are sometimes referred to as bitter tomatoes. They are also primarily consumed raw, despite the fact that they are delicious when cooked or added to stews, sauces, or soups.
Health Benefits Of Garden Eggs/ Eggplants
1. Helps Pregnant Women and There Unborn Infants: These fruits are high in minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients that are essential for a healthy pregnancy.
Garden eggs have qualities that benefit both pregnant women and unborn infants in a variety of situations.
These fruit are also high in folic acid, making them a nutritious food and an important part of a pregnant woman's diet. In addition this folic acid is good for expecting mothers. Folic acid helps to protect babies from neural tube problems.
2. Healthy Bone: They are high in minerals like folate, manganese, vitamin K, magnesium, vitamin C, and copper, which aid in bone strengthening and overall wellness.
Eggplant consumption has been shown to reduce the risk of bone degeneration and osteoporosis.
Garden eggs also contain some iron and calcium, which helps to keep your bones strong and healthy by reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
3. Prevents Diabetes and Maintain Sugar Level: Garden eggs, which are high in soluble fiber and carbs, can aid in diabetes management and prevention.
Fiber and carbohydrate-rich foods aid in the control of blood sugar levels and glucose absorption.
It is a good diet for diabetics, as it helps to reduce and prevent type 2 diabetes.
4. Aid Digestion: Garden eggs are fibrous fruits that aid in meal digestion and bowel movement control. Constipation is relieved and digestion is improved thanks to the fruit's high fiber content.
These fruits are one of the best sources of dietary fiber, which is an important component of a healthy diet.
Fibre is extremely beneficial to gastrointestinal health and bowel function. Consuming eggplants will aid digestion and maintain a regular bowel movement.
5. Ensures Healthy Nervous system: Vitamin B1 and B6 are abundant in garden eggs. These vitamins are required for the healthy functioning of the heart and cellular respiration in the human body. Cardiovascular issues are caused by a lack of vitamin B1. As a result, meals high in vitamin B1 are essential for maintaining a healthy nervous system and good cardiovascular function.
Vitamin B6 on the other hand also contributes greatly to this same healthy nervous system, since Garden eggs contains significant amount of these vitamins then it can greatly aid in the prevention of heart disease and improve the nervous system.
One advantage is that it is a fruit that is enjoyed by people of all ages because it contains numerous health-promoting characteristics. It is a fantastic food that increases blood flow to our bodies and offers us with a variety of vitamins and minerals essential for good health.