Hi guys, it's been a while I wrote on this platform, not intentionally though🤧.
I have been occupied lately, here and there, organizing one or more things of which I will give you the full details as you read on.
Everytime I think of this platform, my friends here and all, I feel bad for staying away but bear with me I will be back!!!
Lately I have been involved in a project, We conducted a Seminar for School children, educating them on Safeguarding public health; buttressing on topics like Drugs, Cosmetics, Food, Chemicals, etc.
We encountered some difficulty relating to funds and resources but it was all sorted out at the last hour. It was a project of a kind, prior to that time it had never been done by that group.
What is our group?
We are NAFDAC CDS(National Agency for food and Drug Administration and Control Community Development Service) a group in Bayelsa under the jurisdiction of NYSC(National Youth Service Corps) and the Mother body;NAFDAC whose sole responsibilities are to;
- Regulate and control the importation, exportation, manufacture, advertisement, distribution, sale and use of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, Chemicals and detergents (Regulated Products);
- Conduct appropriate tests and ensure compliance with standard specifications designated and approved by the Council for effective control of quality of regulated products and their raw materials as well as their production processes in factories and other establishments;
- Undertake appropriate investigation into the production premises and raw materials for regulated products and establish relevant quality assurance systems, including certification of the production sites and of the regulated products;
- Undertake inspection of imported regulated products and establish relevant quality assurance systems, including certification of the production sites.
- Compile standard specifications regulations and guidelines for the production, importation, exportation, sales, distribution and registration of regulated products;
- Undertake the registration of foods, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices bottled water, Chemicals and detergents;
- Control the exportation and issue quality certification of products intended for export;
- Establish and maintain relevant laboratories or other institutions in strategic areas of Nigeria as may be necessary for the performance of its functions;
Pronounce on the quality and safety of Products after appropriate analysis;
- Take measures to ensure that the use of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances are limited to only medical and scientific purposes;
- Grant authorization for the import and export of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances as well as other controlled substances;
- Collaborate with National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in the bid to eradicate drug abuse in Nigeria;
- Advice Governments, the private sector and other interested bodies regarding the quality, safety and regulatory provisions on regulated products;
- Issue guidelines, grant approvals and monitor the advertisement of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, Chemicals and detergents;
- Compile and publish relevant data resulting from the performance of the functions of the Agency or from other sources;
- Sponsor such national and International conferences as may be considered appropriate;
- Liaise with relevant establishments within and outside Nigeria in pursuance of its functions and;
- Carry out such activities as are necessary or expedient for the performance of its functions.
As NAFDAC CDS group, we do this but on a smaller scale compared to the mother body.
As NAFDAC CDS group, our function is to:
- Enlighten the uneducated or semi-educated populace this includes traders or market people and school children on all NAFDAC entails.
- Educate them on how to Safeguard their health and the public health by avoiding products that have not been registered under NAFDAC, expired products or even counterfeit products.
In essence we help out to achieve the vision of NAFDAC in our attempt to serve the Nation.
Presentation of gifts to students who were outstanding in the competition we organised as part of the Seminar Activities
Interactive sessions with the students
Group pictures of the Corp members and Students
We could do as far as Educating the masses on Air.
Lecture on Air
And we have fun while we are at it🥳
So this is what I have been up to, I felt other than leaving you all in the dark, I should let you know.
Thanks to hive for reaching out
I will be back, better and more creative.
I love you all🤗.