Los bosques tropicales se encuentran entre los hábitats más ricos y diversificados de la Tierra. A pesar de ocupar menos del 6% de la superficie de la Tierra, estos bosques vírgenes, aunque intactos y remotos, albergan a más de la mitad de las especies que se encuentran en el planeta. No obstante, los bosques tropicales figuran entre los hábitats más amenazados, a pesar de su enorme relevancia.😲😲
| U-shaped aquarium with a volume of 160m3, 40m long, 2.5m wide and 1.45m deep
| The aquarium holds 12 tonnes of sand, 25 tonnes of volcanic rock and 78 tree trunks
| More than 10,000 tropical fresh water fish of 40 different species
| 46 aquatic plants species
| The world’s largest “nature aquarium”, created by Takashi Amano
| First time an aquarium created by an artist is displayed at the Oceanário de Lisboa
| 3.3 million people have visited the exhibition since its launch
Importance of forests👨🏫👨🎓🌾🌵🌴
The importance of forests lies in the components and processes that integrate ecosystems and that provide multiple benefits to the environment, fauna and society.
From the point of view of ecology, forests help to regulate the climate and cushion the impact of natural phenomena.
• Maintain the supply of water in quality and quantity.
• They generate oxygen.
• They control erosion, as well as the generation, conservation and recovery of the soil.
• They contribute to the capture of carbon and the assimilation of various pollutants.
• They protect biodiversity, ecosystems and life forms.
• They promote and allow the pollination of plants and the biological control of pests.
• They are the space where the degradation and recycling of organic waste takes place.
• They allow appreciation of the landscape and recreation.
• They are an important source of raw materials.
• They are the genetic reservoir of life and provide an infinity of substances of great use to humanity for the fight against diseases.
I would like to invite you to follow the @discovery-it community, supporting us together also means growing!