In no particular order, here are today's links from my RSS feed. Please consider clicking through to upvote any Steem post(s) on the list.
(Note: Sharing does not imply agreement or endorsement.)
pixabay license: source
As mentioned in previous posts, here is a visualization tool for mapping the cases of COVID-19 occurrences.
According to the site, this morning's worldwide number of reported cases was 1,288,372 with 270,098 recoveries, 70,482 deaths, and 337,933 cases in the US.
Of the cases in the US, the site reports 17,582 recoveries, 9,653 fatalities, and 11,589 cases in my own state, Pennsylvania (151 deaths).
It may be worth noting that (based on the daily numbers that I've logged) the number of new cases in the US dropped by 8,020 from 33,708 to 25,688. This is the highest magnitude drop (or gain), by far, that I've seen in new cases on a single day. Could just be that data entry was slow for the holiday yesterday, though. We'll have to see what the future brings.
- Steem @rt-international: Privacy-minded Germans wary as Berlin develops nationwide Covid-19 tracking app & calls for EU-wide system
- Steem @rt-international: Coronavirus lockdowns shave off almost 30 percent of entire US economy — Moody's
- Steem @meepins: US COVID Update - We might be peaking! (06-04-2020)
- Can We Really Develop a Safe, Effective Coronavirus Vaccine? - Subtitle: We don’t know for sure, but if we can, it probably won’t be easy, cheap or fast
- #coronavirus #covid-19 Chinese virus: the exit strategy
- Here's what we know about the bizarre coronavirus conspiracy theory that led to people setting fire to 5G masts
- Argo Blockchain Defies COVID-19, Mines Record Levels of Bitcoin in Q1 2020
- The Reality of Covid-19 Is Hitting Teens Especially Hard - Subtitle: The pandemic has been emotionally devastating for us adults, but its impact on teenagers is arguably far greater.
- The Asian Countries That Beat Covid-19 Have to Do It Again - Subtitle: Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea, and Taiwan had flattened the curve. Then travelers from the US and Europe began reimporting the virus.
- When Can We Lift the Coronavirus Pandemic Restrictions? Not Before Taking These Steps - Subtitle: Johns Hopkins health security expert Tom Inglesby discusses the need for widespread testing, protective equipment and face coverings
- Opinion: Coronavirus has ushered in an economic ice age. When can we expect activity to heat up again? - Subtitle: U.S. recession or depression isn’t yet clear, but severe pain is unavoidable
- CFOs looking to make remote work, telecommuting more permanent following COVID-19, says Gartner survey - Subtitle: The move to remote work may be a bit more permanent than many managers and employees realize.
- UK government slams ‘crackpot’ 5G-coronavirus theories following mast arson attacks - Subtitle: Suspected arson attacks have been connected to theories spreading online of 5G as a cause of coronavirus.
- YouTube will delete videos that falsely link 5G to the novel coronavirus after reports of people setting phone masts on fire
- Heart Damage in COVID Patients Puzzles Doctors - Subtitle: Up to 1 in 5 infected patients have signs of heart injury. Cardiologists are trying to learn whether the virus attacks the organ
- Blockchain Firms Team Up on Private Coronavirus Testing App
- Instead of just flattening the COVID-19 curve, can we 'crush' it?
- Six unknown factors in coronavirus models and how they could affect predictions
- Coronavirus Case Counts Are Meaningless* - Subtitle: *Unless you know something about testing. And even then, it gets complicated.
- Blockchain App Used to Track COVID-19 Cases in Latin America
- Waves Lets Users Bet on Spread of COVID-19 For Charity
- Surgeon General: More People Will Die From Cigarette Smoking Than From Coronavirus This Year
- The coronavirus will reshape the PR industry, from squeezing small firms to elevating internal communications
- A tiger at the Bronx Zoo tested positive for COVID-19 after coming into contact with an asymptomatic caretaker
Consistent with the rules for the Share n Burn community, a beneficiary setting of 100% has been applied to this post for @null.