There were not many links today, probably because it's Palm Sunday, I guess. In no particular order, here are today's links from my RSS feed. Please consider clicking through to upvote any Steem post(s) on the list.
(Note: Sharing does not imply agreement or endorsement.)
pixabay license: source
As mentioned in previous posts, here is a visualization tool for mapping the cases of COVID-19 occurrences.
According to the site, this morning's worldwide number of reported cases was 1,216,422 with 252,478 recoveries, 65,711 deaths, and 312,245 cases in the US.
Of the cases in the US, there have been 15,021 recoveries and 8,503 deaths. My own state, Pennsylvania, has reported 10,507 cases with 139.
- Steem (D.tube) @rt-international: COVID-19 | Britain considers 'immunity passports' to ease lockdown
- Steem (D.tube) @rt-international: Fear May Kill | Psychiatrist on COVID-19 pandemic | SophieCo. Visionaries
- Steem (DLIKE) @metzli: Flu numbers show power of social distancing even as COVID claims five more lives - The San Diego Union-Tribune
- UPenn students recreated their campus on 'Minecraft' in painstaking detail while stuck at home — take a look
- How you could get your covid-19 test results faster - Subtitle: The messy network of labs rushing to increase testing capacity has some big problems, but they’re fixable.
- We Are in the Midst of This Coronavirus Outbreak—Now What? - Subtitle: WIRED answers reader questions about the scientific and social consequences of the pandemic, from privacy concerns to whether it's ok to go running.
- To Beat the Coronavirus, Raise an Army of the Recovered - Subtitle: We are at war, and this is our draft. Immunity comes with responsibility.
- COBOL-coding volunteers sought as creaking mainframes slow New Jersey's coronavirus response - Subtitle: Huge surge in applications for financial assistance show Governor Phil Murphy the ugly side of technical debt - Sidnote: I noticed that "Cobol" was trending on Twitter yesterday.
- Jolted by Her Own Illness, Pandemics Scholar Gains Insight into Botched COVID-19 Response - Subtitle: The author of book on the 2009 flu outbreak explains how a lack of effective tests crippled U.S. attempts to contain the coronavirus
- Blockchain Experts Weigh in on Russia’s Controversial Coronavirus Tracking App
- 29 tech startup founders and CEOs share their fears and strategies for navigating the coronavirus crash: 'We are now wartime CEOs'
Consistent with the rules for the Share n Burn community, a beneficiary setting of 100% has been applied to this post for @null.