In no particular order, here are today's links from my RSS feed. Please consider clicking through to upvote any Steem post(s) on the list.
(Note: Sharing does not imply agreement or endorsement.)
pixabay license: source
As mentioned in previous posts, here is a visualization tool for mapping the cases of COVID-19 occurrences.
According to the site, this morning's worldwide number of reported cases was 1,935,646 with 464,398 recoveries, 120,863 fatalities, and 582,634 cases reported in the US.
Of the US cases, the site reports 44,308 recoveries, 23,649 fatalities, and 24,336 cases in Pennsylvania (592 deaths). With 24,971 new cases, this marks the third consecutive day with a reduction in new cases.
The site also reports 95,505 hospitalized and 2,967,726 tested in the US.
- Steem @deanliu: Today is a good day! ZERO new coronavirus cases in Taiwan
- Steem @uyobong: COVID-19 inspires Local Content Development in Technology as Nigerians begin to build Ventilators
- Steem @gooddream: Vietnam has the best Covid response in the world, but does it matter?
- Apple Maps will soon show COVID-19 testing locations closest to you
- Bill Gates believes travel for work will never be the same after coronavirus: 'There are a few things, like business trips, that I doubt will ever go back'
- Your COVID-19 Internet problems might be COVID-19 Wi-Fi problems
- Coronavirus Crisis Exposes a Devastating Consequence of Fed Policy: Americans Have No Savings - Subtitle: Over 100 years, the Federal Reserve has destroyed more than 97 percent of our currency’s purchasing power.
- Could the Coronavirus Kill Influencer Culture? - Subtitle: In the middle of a pandemic, how influential can Instagram stars really be?
- Coronavirus Testing Is Coming Closer to Your Doctor's Office - Subtitle: The FDA still hasn’t approved at-home tests. But faster, more distributed tech is on the way to clinics and ERs—and is just what the doctor ordered.
- Opinion: How China could win over the post-coronavirus world and leave the U.S. behind - Subtitle: COVID-19 pandemic may accelerate America’s declining status with traditional allies, former diplomat says
- Coronavirus a factor for parents deciding where to send kids to college, survey finds
- Coronavirus shutdowns have popular restaurant group on edge: 'Every day is full of anxiety'
- Are Running or Cycling Actually Risks for Spreading Covid-19? - Subtitle: An unpublished study went viral after a research team warned that respiratory droplets may travel more than 6 feet during exercise. But that's not the whole story.
- A chief technology officer in a time of COVID-19: Keep calm and make the most of the whole business suddenly realising how important IT is - Subtitle: Time to break ties with historic corporate inertia
- Trump said Apple and Google's COVID-19 tracing tech posed 'big constitutional problems'
- Stop worrying – Larry Ellison and Prez Trump will have this whole coronavirus thing licked shortly with the power of data - Subtitle: Revealed: Oracle founder's plan for global wellness
- Could old vaccines for other germs protect against COVID-19?
- What We Know About The Silent Spreaders Of COVID-19
- Scientists Have Reported The First Case Of The Coronavirus Spreading From A Dead Body - Subtitle: “We need to take care of the people who take care of the dead,” one pathologist said.
- So how do the coronavirus smartphone tracking apps actually work and should you download one to help? - Subtitle: Bluetooth, GPS, cell towers, code scanning: what’s the best way?
- We lost another good one: Mathematician John Conway loses Game of Life, taken by coronavirus at 82
- What Price Victory in the Coronavirus War?
- John Conway, inventor of the Game of Life, has died of COVID-19 - Subtitle: After 50 years, people are still discovering interesting Game of Life patterns.
- New COVID-19 dashboard just for the US offers rich, county-level data - Subtitle: The new map puts each area's cases in context.
- Apple and Google say their coronavirus-tracking tech will remain 'opt-in' only, and governments won't be allowed to require people to use it
- COVID-19 pandemic leads to sharp drop in Q1 PC shipments
- The coronavirus pandemic is the restaurant industry's biggest challenge in 'over three decades,' says DoorDash CEO
- Insurers face ‘uh-oh moment’ as Trump says some business-interruption policies should cover coronavirus claims - Subtitle: ‘We think the industry will be able to fight off the effort to retroactively change contracts,’ analyst says
- Hospital Technicians Ignore Copyright Law to Fight COVID-19
- What the world can learn from Kerala about how to fight covid-19 - Subtitle: The inside story of how one Indian state is flattening the curve through epic levels of contact tracing and social assistance.
Consistent with the rules for the Share n Burn community, a beneficiary setting of 100% has been applied to this post for @null.