Comment thread for a ‘Whack-A-Mole Switch’ as proposed by @trostparadox
Reply to this comment to make comments about the need for and/or ways to implement a ‘Whack-A-Mole Switch’ for Hive.
The main idea is to implement a quick and reliable way for any witness who is targeted by a malicious court order to shift all incoming witness votes to an alternative trusted account -- to provide a very quick method for a witness to shield their account from being forced to act against the community's wishes.
Here are some of the 'requirements' I envisioned for the 'Whack-A-Mole Switch':
- Must be very easy to deploy.
- Allows a witness to delegate 100% of their incoming witness votes to an alternative account. (Must be 0% or 100%; allowing partial delegation could potentially be gamed.)
- Any duplicate witness votes should be ignored or expunged.
- Should be irrevocable.
- Should immediately notify each of the voting accounts that their vote has been delegated, and to whom.
- Should probably be announced via the 'Emergency Broadcast System'.