frens, I spent some time yesterday playing with Fusion360 and I designed something I'm pretty proud of. I have been teaching myself 3D design since I've had a 3D printer for quite some times. Now that I actually had a chance to sit down and play with the software some more. You might have seen my customer vape stand I did a while back. This one is a tribute to the LeoFinance community.
I started with something really simple. Literally just did a sketch of the shape on the X axis and the Extruded it to give depth. I think I did 3 inches. Once I had that basic shape, I wanted to get the LeoFinance logo on there. This got a little tricky. I found the SVG file on their official Discord luckily so a lot of the work was already done. Just getting it sized and making it look good was the challenge.
This is a pretty small print and that logo was huge. After getting the logo sized and mostly centered... I'm a noob. I know I could have added a construction line and set a center point but I eye-balled it instead. Once the SVG file is on the plane as a Sketch, all I did was select each individual piece and letter, then hit the old Extrude function to give it depth. I initially did 0.03 inches. I also added the same logo to the front slanted part. I created a construction plane on the slanted line and then repeated the process.
I sent that bad boi to the printer for a test print and was please with the result. Pleased, not satisfied. It needed some improvements. The problem with this design was - it held business cards just fine but was too light/thin to hold my phone up without the case on it. it would just fall over. So I knew the back needed to be thicker and the stabilizer lip on the back needed to be a little bit longer. Back to fusion360.
After making the front and back thicker, I extended the stabilizer lip on the back and added some fillets. Fillets are the rounded corners you can see in the pic above. I had to make the logos bigger and adjusted them to 0.025 inches. The text came out kinda rough so I think I'm going to have to change to a higher quality print setting and maybe slow down the print speed.
Overall, much better looking design. and it holds both our phones!
The front logo came out waaaay better than the back too. I guess because it's at an angle. I dunno.
I have a full timelapse of the v1 print but it was giving me some issues uploading on 3speak. So I uploaded the hand-shot one on Odysee instead since it looks way cooler and is much better quality.