Following on several successful 51% attacks carried out during the summer and later part of 2020 on Etherum Classic, the Etherum developers have decided to bring a new upgrade in form of a hardfork named as Thanos in efforts to rescue its legacy network and minimize the chances of successful 51% attacks happening in the future.
- One of the highlights in the upgrade of the mining algorithm is that it will enable lower end GPUs with as low as 3GB of memory to mine Etherum Classic, further securing and distributing hash rate of the network.
- The Thanos hard fork ships with a new mining algorithm called Etchash which is a modified version of Dagger Hashimoto initially adapted in Etherum's Ethash proof-of-work algorithm and designed by Vitalik Buterin and the Etherum team to be ASIC-resistant.
- With that, the ASIC miners which have in the past been seen as a largely centralized computing power of the network such as in the instances when the computing power was rented out to perform the 51% attacks are essentially getting booted out from the network in favor of GPU miners, with the goal of further decentralization of the network.
- Although Kraken's incident status page has reportedly closed deposits for Etherum Classic reporting on a malicious 51% attack on the same day as the hardfork went live (28th November 2020) there appears to be an update from @krakensupport apologizing for a false alarm caused by the maintenance and upgrade to the hard fork over at Kraken.
- Binance will reward XRP holders with Spark tokens
- Binance begins a legal action over Forbes defamantion of its business
- Beware of fake Uniswap applications
- More generous Coinmarketcap Learn & Earn campaigns
- Binance begins closure of US customers accounts
- Uniswap site was down because of dependency on Cloudflare, is this really a big problem ?
- Critical Etherum services go down for couple of hours
- Wall Street Trading Firm is accumulating Bitcoins & Alts
- Bitcoin miners best profitability cycle since last halving
- Scam Alert: Ledger SMS
- Ledger phishing emails
Ongoing crypto free earn campaigns:
- Earn daily through publish0x by tipping & posting, lbry.tv by watching video & media content and presearch for a non intrusive search engine
- Honeygain & Theta Edge for passive gains through participating in content delivery networks
Other crypto gateways:
This post was originally posted on publish0x
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta