Rebuilding Raspibot: Hardware assembled for testing

in STEMGeeks2 years ago

I have mounted the continuous servo motors to the frame and wheels, as well as mounted the Raspberry Pi and Crickit to the frame.


I have also mounted the pan-tilt unit with the Raspberry Pi camera to the frame. I then used Python to issue commands to test that the servo's are properly connected. I then set the pan servo to 90" and realigned the pan-tilt unit to be facing as close to forward as I could get it.

The following is a picture captured from the camera on Raspibot, Please forgive the messy workbench.


I am currently doing a runtime test to see how long this battery might last.


It has been running about 30 minutes with minimal servo usage and looks to be about 50% used, so when the lockdown is over I will look into getting a larger 2S battery for longer runtimes especially when running the drive motors.

For now I can switch to writing some Python code to make it move around.

I am connecting to the Raspberry Pi using the builtin WiFi and a SSH terminal session.

Posted with STEMGeeks


Congratulations @mytechtrail! You have completed the following achievement on the Hive blockchain and have been rewarded with new badge(s) :

You published more than 550 posts. Your next target is to reach 600 posts.

You can view your badges on your board and compare yourself to others in the Ranking
If you no longer want to receive notifications, reply to this comment with the word STOP

Check out the last post from @hivebuzz:

Feedback from the February 1st Hive Power Up Day