The Pipe Scissors

in STEMGeeks8 months ago (edited)

IMG_20210308_190322.jpg

I am planning a new project together with @misterc and this project mainly uses PVC pipe.
In order to cut this pipe properly, I ordered pipe scissors straight away.
When I placed my order, I often read in the recessions that many reported problems in which the pipe was severely squashed when cutting.
The scissors arrived promptly and I made the first test cuts on a leftover piece.
I was able to make the same experience, namely that the pipe is severely squeezed before it is cut through.
The problem for me is not with this particular pair of scissors, but probably with all scissors of this type.
The guide for the pipe is always semicircular, which means that the pipe can only be turned with difficulty without the cut being crooked.
I then used a classic pipe cutter as a guide, in which the pipe is guided on two rollers and the cut gets deeper and deeper as it rotates.

I wanted to go straight to the hardware store this morning because they are now open again for the first day after the lockdown.
So I printed a relatively simple construction in which the pipe is practically guided at an angle so that the blade can be guided around the whole pipe, so that there is no crushing and the cut is very straight.
I printed two of these guides and unfortunately did not take the time to measure properly ... That was pretty stupid, the two pieces should be connected by a nice spacer, but unfortunately there was no space for that, because otherwise the blade and the spacer would have collided.
So the hot glue gun had to do first aid again.
That worked relatively well. The guides were then only attached with an adhesive that can be removed at any time.
The pipes (diameter 25mm) could be cut super quickly and cleanly in the hardware store parking lot.
This small modification showed me once again how you can turn a tool that does not work as optimally as you would like into a tool that then exactly meets the requirements and that for very little money and in the shortest possible time.

Ich plane ein neues Projekt zusammen mit @misterc und bei diesem Projekt kommt hauptsächlich PVC Rohr zum Einsatz.
Um dieses Rohr vernünftig zu schneiden habe ich mir direkt eine Rohrschere bestellt.
Schon bei der Bestellung habe ich oft in den Rezessionen gelesen, das viele von Problemen berichtet haben, bei denen das Rohr stark gequetscht wurde beim schneiden.
Die Schere ist dann zeitnah angekommen und ich habe an einem Reststückt die ersten Probeschnitte gemacht.
Dabei konnte ich die gleichen Erfahrungen machen, das nämlich das Rohr stark gequetscht wird, bevor durchgeschnitten wird.
Das Problem liegt für mich nicht bei speziell dieser Schere, sondern vermutlich bei allen Scheren dieser Art.
Die Führung für das Rohr ist immer halbrund, heißt das Rohr lässt sich nur schwierig drehen ohne das der Schnitt schief wird.
Ich habe mich dann an einem klassichen Rohrschneider orientiert, bei dem das Rohr auf zwei Rollen geführt wird und während der Drehung der Schnitt immer tiefer wird.

Ich wollte heute morgen direkt in den Baumarkt, da diese jetzt nach dem Lockdown den ersten Tag wieder geöffnet haben.
Ich habe also eine relativ einfache Konstruktion gedruckt, bei der quasi das Rohr in einem Winkel geführt wird, so das man die Klinge um das ganze Rohr führen kann, wodurch es dann nicht zu einer Quetschung kommt und der Schnitt sehr grade ist.
Ich habe zwei dieser Führungen gedruckt und mir leider keine Zeit genommen um ordentlich zu messen... Das war ziemlich dumm, eigentlich sollten die beiden Stücke durch ein schönes Anstandsstück miteinander verbunden werden, dafür war dann aber leider kein Platz, weil ansonsten die Klinge mit dem Abstandsstück kollidiert wäre.
Also musste die Heißklebepistole mal wieder erste Hilfe leisten.
Das hat dann auch relativ gut funktioniert. Befestigt wurden die Führungen dann nur durch eine Klebemasse, die sich jeder Zeit entfernen lässt.
Die Rohre (Durchmesser25mm) ließen sich so super schnell und sauber auf dem Baumarkt Parkplatz schneiden.
Diese kleine Modifikation hat mir mal wieder gezeigt, wie man aus Werkzeug das nicht ganz so optimal funktioniert wie man möchte, Werkzeug wird, das dann genau den Anforderungen entspricht und das für ganz kleines Geld und in kürzester Zeit.

IMG_20210308_082700.jpg

IMG_20210308_190336.jpg

IMG_20210308_190359.jpg

IMG_20210308_190259.jpg

IMG_20210308_190156.jpg

IMG_20210308_105127.jpg

IMG_20210308_183529.jpg

Posted with STEMGeeks

Sort:  

Yay! 🤗
Your post has been boosted with Ecency Points.
Continue earning Points just by using https://ecency.com, every action is rewarded (being online, posting, commenting, reblog, vote and more).

Support Ecency, check our proposal:
Ecency: https://ecency.com/proposals/141
Hivesigner: Vote for Proposal