The brain is known to be very vital organ in our body as it's works in coordination with our spinal cord to keeps other part of our body functioning properly. Without the brain and heart breathing will virtually be impossible. The brain is the nucleus of the body while the heart is the power house of our body that facilitates respiration and blood transport throughout the body.
As sensitive as our brain could be, there's a need to constantly boost it's functionality via our daily meals and healthy activities to keep it functioning properly and preventing it from being impaired or demented. To this, I'll briefly outline seven (7) healthy food that boosts the brain capacity. Kindly follow me as i proceed.
1. Dark Chocolate: Many at times, our brain easily gets stressed up from activities and needs a boost of Dark chocolate to restore its functionality. Dark chocolate comes from cocoa also called caocao. It's rich in flavonoids, a powerful antioxidant that helps minimize oxidative stress of the brain. Antioxidant is important to our brain and body as the brain can be easily susceptible to oxidative stress which brings about age-related syndrome, brain diseases and cognitive decline. Antioxidants helps to eliminate free radicals that brings about stress and premature aging. So Dark chocolate is ideal for your brain health.
2. Raw Honey: Pure Honey possesses over 100 medicinal functions in the body as it's said to be rich in pinocenbrin, a powerful antioxidant that eliminate free radicals from the brain system thereby promoting your brain health and functionality.
3. Kolanut:The Kolanut helps stimulates the central Nervous System which helps in boosting energy levels and mental alertness. Kolanut is said to be bitter in taste and are densely supplied from the west Africa region of the world.
4. Wonderful Kola: This looks like kolanut but more advance in function than kolanut. It's scientifically known as “Buchholzia coriacea”. A medicinal nut and a very powerful antioxidant. It fights against brain cancer, memory loose, dementia, multiple sclerosis, headache, hypertension syndrome, sight related issues, tooth ache, sinusitis and many more. Wonderful kola is known to be found in few parts of the west African countries which includes Congo, Nigeria, Cameroun , Gabon and few others.
5 . Carrot: This is fruit that is rich in a compound called luteolin which is an anti inflammatory compound that helps reduce age-related memory decline due to action of free radicals. Carrot is also rich in beta-carotene which can help improve your verbal or cognitive skill and has lots of healing potentials. Carrot helps promote good eye sight and boost your immune system. It can be cooked, baked or eaten raw in whatever way you want it.
6. Avocados: Avocados are monounsaturated fats which promotes blood flow and are said to produce good and healthy cholesterol. Avocados may lower the risk of cognitive brain decline and are vita for brain health.
7. Green leafy vegetables: leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli and kales are rich in folate, beta-carotene, lutein and vitamin k which helps lower the rate of cognitive decline in both human and animals. It promotes blood flow and brain oxygenation. So, never underestimate the power or potency of green leaves.
Others medicinal food that boosts brain functions include strawberry, walnuts, coffee and tea, orange, fish, blueberry etc. More details to come on each ot the listed food for more understanding.
Hope you find this article helpful one way or the other. Your upvote, comment, reblog and follow up will be well appreciated.
Disclaimer: This article is originally written by me and made available for use as reference.