Earlier, I stumbled upon @magnacarta's post about the Hypothetical "Hivebeepedia." That article is a response to a conversation I didn't experience in the Leofinance community.
From my understanding, it argues that a large scale Wikipedia alternative is challenging to do on Hive, but small scale references are achievable and goes on many specifics, I encourage you to read it.
In that article @magnacarta asks:
Would the Hive-powered almanac be one you would use yourself as your go-to resource? What needs to happen to make it one?
This article is an expansion of my comment on answering that question:
To use Hive for any type of reference as my Go-to resource, I think these things need to happen: What HiveBeepedia and Hive-References Need To Do To Be My Go-To Resource?
- They must be heavily hyperlinked. Look at Wikipedia for example, each page will take you to every related one.
- They must have all the info on the same website/blockchain.
- A piece of information that doesn't have place in one of the reference material pages, must have another page made for it on the same blockchain.
- Information sources can be links to the outside. The source must be named in the page text.
- Since a Blockchain can be slow sometimes, these references must be on an extremely fast interface.
- I want to be able to easily link to the references:
- Users must be able to see all the info without registering or paying.
- The links for these references must be intuitive & standardized. Users should be able to predict the link URL just by knowing which information they want the reference for.
- The interface must have a suitable search engine that doesn't need third-party involvement.
- In case of DRAMA, each "side" should have their own page of the reference material.
- These pages should be linked to each other but otherwise don't interact with each other.
- That way, the reader can & should choose which "truth" they want to believe in.
These are just things I thought of, and I believe someone else on Hive can expand upon them.
As a user, if you want me to use a website like a reference it must be much easier to do than using Wikipedia. That's not an easy task, but I don't think it's impossible.
The article mentioned above made me think about which information I can make "reference book" pages for on this platform.
Thanks for reading.~