Innovation and creativity come together later this year with the announcement by Sony Interactive Entertainment of new details about PlayStation 5, including the design of the next-generation console and a wide collection of new games for the platform. In an event broadcast live for millions of video game fans, SIE has unveiled the PS5 hardware, with its daring two-tone design that radically breaks with what has been seen so far on PlayStation consoles. PS5 will be launched in two versions: a standard model with an Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc drive and a digital model without a disc drive that will offer gamers unprecedented choice from the day of release.
In the words of Jim Ryan, President and CEO of SIE:
PlayStation 5 marks a significant generational leap with which we want to deliver truly transformative gaming experiences that redefine our expectations of what games should be like. More complete and eye-catching worlds will captivate the senses in previously unthinkable ways, and thanks to minimal loading times, you can enjoy them much more fluidly. Today's event is just a small sample of everything we have planned for the next generation and we want to thank the community for joining us on this journey towards the launch of PS5.'
One of the biggest game series in history, Grand Theft Auto, is coming to PS5 as a result of the close collaboration between SIE and Rockstar Games. PS5 will receive enhanced and expanded versions of Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online in the second half of 2021. Through a series of technical, graphical and performance enhancements, GTAV and GTA Online will take advantage of all that the PS5 hardware and its features have to offer. new features to create a more engaging and interactive game world than ever. Additionally, a new standalone version of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be released, which will be available for free to all PS5 users for three months after launch. Once the game is obtained, PS5 users can keep it forever, and with a PlayStation Plus subscription, they can play GTA Online whenever they want. Finally, starting today, all GTAV users on PS4 will receive $ 1 million from GTA every month until the release of the PS5 version in 2021.
In turn, SIE Worldwide Studios and some of the industry's leading publishers and developers have released various titles for PS5 that will offer all kinds of unique experiences. Exclusive games from PlayStation Studios include: Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales (Insomniac Games), Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital) and Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games).
For their part, various external developers have presented new installments of their most recognized sagas, such as NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts) or Resident Evil Village (Capcom), as well as new exclusive titles for consoles on PS5 such as DEATHLOOP (Bethesda) and Project Athia * (Square Enix / Luminous Productions). The independent developers section includes news such as Stray (Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio) and Bugsnax (Young Horses), which demonstrate the diversity of content that the platform will offer.
SIE has also announced a number of new accessories for PS5 that will enhance the gaming experience, including:
- PULSE 3D Wireless Headphones - Supports 3D audio and dual noise canceling microphones.
- HD Camera: With dual 1080p lenses that allow gamers to share their epic gaming moments with each other.
- Multimedia remote control: includes a built-in microphone to easily navigate content and streaming services.
- DualSense charging station: to conveniently charge two DualSense wireless controllers.
PS5 games from SIE Worldwide Studios and associated partners
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio)
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV)
- Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)
- Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales (Insomniac Games)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Returnal (Housemarque / XDEV)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV)
PS5 games from third-party publishers and developers
- Bugsnax (Young Horses)
- DEATHLOOP (Bethesda)
- Ghostwire: Tokyo (Bethesda)
- Godfall (Gearbox Publishing / Counterplay Games)
- Goodbye Volcano High (KO-OP)
- Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar Games)
- HITMAN 3 (IO Interactive)
- JETT: The Far Shore (Superbrothers)
- Kena: Bridge of the Spirits (Ember Lab)
- Little Devil Inside (Neostream Interactive)
- NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts)
- Oddworld Soulstorm (Oddworld Inhabitants)
- Pragmata (Capcom)
- Project Athia * (Square Enix / Luminous Productions)
- Resident Evil Village (Capcom)
- Solar Ash (Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine)
- Stray (Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio)
- Tribes of Midgard (Gearbox Publishing / Norsfell)
- The Pathless (Annapurna Interactive / Giant Squid)