Recently I tried graphing in Microsoft Excel but the data that I was graphing had some blank cells and thus the chart was not graphing it well. In this video I go over how Excel deals with graphing as well as calculating cells that include blanks and error values. I also show how you can use the #N/A error value to skip blanks when graphing as well as using the IF() and the ISERROR() functions to deal with calculating functions that include the #N/A (or NA() function) values. This is very important when you have to present data in charts using Excel so make sure to watch this video!
Watch video on:
- BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/video/U32eooDarOut/
- DTube: https://d.tube/#!/v/mes/cj9162b6xo5
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/HcCJVUd7a5Q
Download video notes:
- PDF: https://1drv.ms/b/s!As32ynv0LoaIiMpyYZx2qpd-1yccUg?e=TZ3LvS
- Excel: https://1drv.ms/x/s!As32ynv0LoaIiMptX4xHHXZAFtVnrw?e=CoqYS5
View Video Notes Below!
Download these notes: Link is in video description.
View these notes as an article: https://peakd.com/@mes
Subscribe via email: http://mes.fm/subscribe
Donate! :) https://mes.fm/donate
Buy MES merchandise! https://mes.fm/store
Reuse of my videos:
- Feel free to make use of / re-upload / monetize my videos as long as you provide a link to the original video.
Fight back against censorship:
- Bookmark sites/channels/accounts and check periodically
- Remember to always archive website pages in case they get deleted/changed.
Join my forums!
- Hive community: https://peakd.com/c/hive-128780
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/AMAZINGMathStuff
- Voat: https://voat.co/v/AMAZINGMathStuff
- Discord: https://mes.fm/chatroom
Follow along my epic video series:
- #MESScience: https://mes.fm/science-playlist
- #MESExperiments: https://peakd.com/mesexperiments/@mes/list
- #AntiGravity: https://peakd.com/antigravity/@mes/series
-- See Part 6 for my Self Appointed PhD and #MESDuality breakthrough concept!
- #FreeEnergy: https://mes.fm/freeenergy-playlist
- #PG (YouTube-deleted series): https://peakd.com/pg/@mes/videos
NOTE #1: If you don't have time to watch this whole video:
- Skip to the end for Summary and Conclusions (if available)
- Play this video at a faster speed.
-- TOP SECRET LIFE HACK: Your brain gets used to faster speed!
-- Browser extension recommendation: https://mes.fm/videospeed-extension
-- See my tutorial to learn more: https://peakd.com/video/@mes/play-videos-at-faster-or-slower-speeds-on-any-website
- Download and read video notes.
- Read notes on the Hive blockchain #Hive
- Watch the video in parts.
-- Timestamps of all parts are in the description.
Browser extension recommendations:
Skip Blanks when Graphing in Microsoft Excel
- Charts skip this BUT…
- The data points can’t be connected by a line (using appropriate Chart Type)
- Functions consider it as 0
Any non number (including space) or non function
- Charts consider this as 0
- Charts and functions consider it as 0
#N/A or NA()
- An Error Value: “Value Not Available”
- Charts skip this when graphing
- They don’t consider it as 0
- Applying +/-/=, etc to cells containing #N/A gives an error
- Thus need to be careful when using IF() function
- Use ISERROR() function
- Checks whether a value is an error (#N/A, #VALUE!, #REF!, #DIV/0!, #NUM!, #NAME?, or #NULL!) and returns TRUE or FALSE.
- Value is the value you want to test
- Can refer to a cell, a formula, or a name that refers to a cell, formula, or value
- Value is the value you want to test
- Checks whether a condition is met, and returns one value if TRUE, and another value if FALSE.
- IF( Logical test , Value if true , Value if false)
- Logical Test is any value or expression that can be evaluated to TRUE (1) or FALSE(0).
- Value can refer to a cell, a formula, or a name that refers to a cell, formula, or value
Thus when dealing with cells having the value #N/A:
- IF(B1 = #N/A, 0, B1) is WRONG
- IF(ISERROR(B1), 0, B1) is CORRECT