In this video I go through an example of using the derivative rules I showed in my earlier videos. I look at determining the velocity and distance traveled of a random particle with a distance function. The slope or instantaneous change in distance is the velocity and I use the derivative to derive the velocity equation from the distance function. This is a very useful example and shows how useful calculus is in real world problems.
Download video notes: https://1drv.ms/b/s!As32ynv0LoaIieBYQcHsCneYt-dsqQ?e=a5T9ay
Watch video on:
- Odysee: https://odysee.com/@mes:8/Derivative-Application-Velocity-and-Distance:4
- BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/video/jOjQqx4cu1qR/
- DTube: https://d.tube/#!/v/mes/id8zzzakmpu
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/3oT83konhlU
View Video Notes Below!
Download these notes: Link is in video description.
View these notes as an article: https://peakd.com/@mes
Subscribe via email: http://mes.fm/subscribe
Donate! :) https://mes.fm/donate
Buy MES merchandise! https://mes.fm/store
More links: https://linktr.ee/matheasy
Follow my research in real-time on my MES Links Telegram: https://t.me/meslinks
Subscribe to MES Truth: https://mes.fm/truth
Reuse of my videos:
- Feel free to make use of / re-upload / monetize my videos as long as you provide a link to the original video.
Fight back against censorship:
- Bookmark sites/channels/accounts and check periodically
- Remember to always archive website pages in case they get deleted/changed.
- "Where Did the Towers Go?" by Dr. Judy Wood: https://mes.fm/judywoodbook
Join my forums!
- Hive community: https://peakd.com/c/hive-128780
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/AMAZINGMathStuff
- Discord: https://mes.fm/chatroom
Follow along my epic video series:
- #MESScience: https://mes.fm/science-playlist
- #MESExperiments: https://peakd.com/mesexperiments/@mes/list
- #AntiGravity: https://peakd.com/antigravity/@mes/series
-- See Part 6 for my Self Appointed PhD and #MESDuality breakthrough concept!
- #FreeEnergy: https://mes.fm/freeenergy-playlist
- #PG (YouTube-deleted series): https://peakd.com/pg/@mes/videos
NOTE #1: If you don't have time to watch this whole video:
- Skip to the end for Summary and Conclusions (if available)
- Play this video at a faster speed.
-- TOP SECRET LIFE HACK: Your brain gets used to faster speed!
-- MES tutorial: https://peakd.com/video/@mes/play-videos-at-faster-or-slower-speeds-on-any-website
- Download and read video notes.
- Read notes on the Hive blockchain #Hive
- Watch the video in parts.
-- Timestamps of all parts are in the description.
Browser extension recommendations:
- Increase video speed: https://mes.fm/videospeed-extension
- Increase video audio: https://mes.fm/volume-extension
- Text to speech: https://mes.fm/speech-extension
--Android app: https://mes.fm/speech-android
Distance and Velocity Example
Solve the following questions, given the distance formula of a particle below:
s = f(t) = t3 – 6t2 + 9t
(a) Find the velocity at time t
(b) What is the velocity after 2 s? After 4 s?
(c) When is the particle at rest?
(d) When is the particle moving forward (i.e. positive direction)
(e) Draw a diagram to represent the motion of the particle
(f) Find the total distance traveled by the particle during the first 5 seconds
Solution to (a)
Solution to (b)
Solution to (c)
Solution to (d)
Solution to (e)