Here we are with the first Hive blockchain Power Up moments of the year 2023!
On January 1st, we are going to start the year on a high note with the possibility for you to obtain 3 additional badges in a row.
We will start with the now well-known Power Up Day (PUD) which will take place on the first day of the month.
On the same day, you will be able to earn a new Power Up Helper (PUH) badge too.
And finally, January 1st will also be the kick-off of a new Power Up Month (PUM) with new rewards.
Quick rules reminder
HiveBuzz uses UTC date and time to validate when your power-up. Therefore, check your timezone and convert your local time to UTC before powering up!
1. The Power Up Day and its Power-Bees levels
The minimum amount to power up and make the PUD badge yours is 10 HIVE and the more HIVE you power up on Power Up Day, the bigger your power-bee.
And here is how the levels are distributed:
|Level 1 - Power up at least 10 HIVE|
|Level 2 - Power up at least 50 HIVE|
|Level 3 - Power up at least 100 HIVE|
|Level 4 - Power up at least 500 HIVE|
|Level 5 - Power up at least 1000 HIVE|
2. The Power-Up Helper
The Power-Up Helper badge was introduced in the October 2020 edition and allows you to get one more badge when helping others to power up.
TLDR; Get rewarded for the help you provide! By helping others to power up, you are showing everyone how mutual support is an important concept within the Hive community.
The more PUH badge you have, the more significant the Hive Power delegation you will receive from us. Those who have already obtained it in previous years therefore already have a major advantage.
For more information on how to get the Power Up Helper badge, read this post.
3. The Power-Up Month
The Power Up Month lasts all month. For each day of the month, you have 2 options:
- you publish a post and set the payout mode to 100% HIVE.
- Your post must generate a payout to be eligible (i.e. get a few upvotes)
- You cannot upvote yourself
Using this option is also a good way to get the Monthly Author badge as well. ;)
- power up at least 1 HIVE.
- You cannot powerdown during the month.
This option is useful if have no idea what to write about someday or just aren't a blogger at all.
Note: You can use either option, or both, and can switch from one to the other as the days go by.
You will now be able to collect PUH badges for each year, which will generate a major leverage effect on the size of our delegations to you.
4. Hive Power Delegations
Since last year, we shifted our Hive Power delegation reward from the Power Up Day to the Power Up Month.
We aim at rewarding extremely regular participants, and those who are generous in helping others, by providing them with a 3 weeks Hive Power delegations!
This means that you will receive a delegation from us if you successfully complete a PUM challenge and the more PUM challenges you successfuly participate in and the more HIVE you power up, the bigger our delegation!
The amount of HP delegated is calculated according to the following criteria:
- How many successful Power Up Months you have achieved throughout the year.
- The total amount you powered up during the PUM.
- How many PUDs in a row have you participated in
- The levels of your power-ups on PUD (ex: you made two "level 3" and three "level 5" power-ups).
- The number of people you helped to power up and the amount involved.
The higher all the above-mentioned values, the higher the delegation you will receive.
Why participate in the Hive Power Up challenges?
The first reason is to have fun and get a badge!
And here are some other great reasons to power up your HIVE:
- Strengthen your influence on the blockchain with stronger votes on content, proposals and witnesses.
- Earn more curation rewards. The more Hive Power you have, the more you can potentially earn back
- Earn "interest" by holding Hive Power. You will also earn HIVE passively at about 3% per year of what you currently have powered up so the more HIVE you have, the more you can earn from just holding!
Finally, several amazing members are offering prizes that include delegations, Hive giveaways, and other cool stuff to the Hive PUD participants.
Be ready and Power Up!
Support our proposal
Our current funding proposal (#199) expires end of December 2022 and we would really like to be able to continue to entertain and motivate you for years to come.
If you have not already done so, support our proposal renewal (#248)!
Vote for the proposal on Peakd, Ecency, Hive.blog or using HiveSigner