Ginger has become one of the most widely used vegetable supplement owing to its medicinal properties and so added to delicacies such as ginger drink, ginger biscuits and ginger bread. However, most people use it for its wide range of health benefits. Below are the list of health benefits of ginger in your body you need to know;
1. Ginger kills cancer cells: According to research conducted by doctors at the UMCCC, ginger effectively destroys ovarian cancer cells. Ginger has proved more efficient in destroying ovarian cancer cells than the platinum-based chemotherapy treatment typically prescribed to patience with ovarian cancer. Also, studies confirm that consumption of ginger rhizome reduces the inflammation of the colon and the intestines, thus lowering the risk of colon cancer.
2. It reduces Inflammation: The active ingredient in ginger “gingero” effectively fight health issues link to cell inflammation. As found in research that include patience suffering from anthritis and muscular pain, ginger consumption significantly reduced pains and muscle swellings. Other conditions triggered by cell inflammation, ginger has the potential to regulate is Obesity, Diabetes and Insomnia.
3. It treats Acid reflux: According to study results published in the molecular journal of food nutrition, ginger compounds are six times more efficient than acid-blocking drugs thus the medication disposes a great risk of stomach cancer.
4. It alleviates morning sickness and nausea: Ginger is extremely beneficial in relieving morning sickness and nausea in pregnant women; however, it is highly recommended that expectant women consult their doctors before using herbs or any medication.
5. It sooths cough and sore throat symptoms: Common cold and sore throat symptoms have long been treated with home-made ginger remedies. Simply boil some ginger slices into water and add lemon and honey to sooth the sore throat and relieve nasal congestion.
6. It stimulates Digestion and prevents flatulence: Ginger is one of the efficient natural remedies against indigestion. To treat an upset stomach or relieve bloating and gas, boil some ginger slice in water for few minutes and gradually add some wild honey to sweeten and taste.
7. It relieves headache: You easily relieve migraine headache by mixing ginger with kayer, pepper and peppermint. In order to make a perfect migraine reliever, simply add kayer and pepper and a tea spoon of peppermint to boil in water. Add slices of ginger and let it mix for a while. This will make the drink stronger. Sweeten the beverage with wide honey. Ginger is more effective when used topically. Make a paste of half a tea spoon of ginger powder and a small amount of water and applied to your forehead to relieve headache.
8. It sooths the tooth ache: Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory and can also help relieve tooth ache as well. Just rub some ginger on your tooth gum or boil some ginger in water, leave it to cool off and use it as a mouth rinse.
9. It stimulates blood circulation: Using a glass cup, add freshly juice of ginger into 50grams of water. Use the mixture to solve the affected areas on your body.
10. It stimulates appetite: Chewing some ginger before meal stimulates appetites, digestive juices.
11. Treats muscle strain: Muscle strains especially in athletes are usually treated with mixture of ginger paste and carefully rubbed on the painful areas twice a day.
12. Regulate Diabetes: Taking two glasses of ginger early in the morning is advised for diabetic patients in order to balance blood glucose level.
With these reviews of mine, I hope we can now see the significance of having ginger in our homes. Never throw away or ignore the use of ginger. Stay safe and stay healthy as "Health is Wealth".