Wait you say? Another "E" milestone release? Yes, indeed! There is so much going into Fern, and we were originally going to do a hotfix only, but we decided to do a release with the hotfixes and most of the non-mandatory stuff for Fern in a second "E" milestone. So, enjoy Ernestine.
Thanks to the core devs and the testers under @barton26 for testing the post Elizabeth code and the release candidates!
Some highlights worth mentioning:
- Random shuffle of sidestake entries if more than six are specified to allow more than six entries to sidestake.
- Multisig tools for easier multisig administration
- Port of Bitcoin "Peers" tab and port of Bitcoin banning manager
- Selection of smallest rather than random UTXO's to send contracts (beacons and votes)
- Handle the missing external CPID in client_state.xml which was causing some people to not show as researchers
- Support boost 1.70+ for the newest Arch and others moving to ultra new boost versions.
- Lots of other stuff to set the stage for Fern that isn't visible on the surface yet.
Here is the changelog:
[184.108.40.206] 2019-10-22, leisure, "Ernestine"
- Add testnet desktop launcher action for Linux #1516 (@caraka)
- Shuffle vSideStakeAlloc if necessary to support sidestaking to more than 6 destinations #1532 (@jamescowens)
- New Superblock format preparations for Fern #1526, #1542 (@jamescowens, @cyrossignol)
- New banning misbehavior handling and Peers Tab on Debug Console #1537 (@jamescowens)
- Reimplement getunconfirmedbalance rpc #1548 (@jamescowens)
- Add CLI switch to display binary version #1553 (@cyrossignol)
- Select smallest coins for contracts #1519 (@iFoggz)
- Move some functionality from miner to SelectCoinsForStaking + Respect the coin reserve setting + Randomize UTXO order #1525 (@iFoggz)
- For voting - if url does not contain http then add it #1531 (@ifoggz)
- Backport newer serialization facilities from Bitcoin #1535 (@cyrossignol)
- Refactor ThreadSocketHandler2() Inactivity checks #1538 (@iFoggz)
- Update outdated checkpoints #1539 (@barton2526)
- Change needed to build Gridcoin for OSX using homebrew #1540 (@Git-Jiro)
- Optimize scraper traffic for expiring manifests #1542 (@jamescowens)
- Move legacy neural vote warnings to debug log level #1560 (@cyrossignol)
- Change banlist save interval to 5 minutes #1564 (@jamescowens)
- Change default rpcconsole.ui window size to better support new Peers tab #1566 (@jamescowens)
- Remove deprecated RSA weight and legacy kernel #1507 (@cyrossignol)
- Clean up compiler warnings #1521 (@cyrossignol)
- Handle missing external CPID in client_state.xml #1530 (@cyrossignol)
- Support boost 1.70+ #1533 (@iFoggz)
- Fix diagnostics failed to make connection to NTP server #1545 (@Git-Jiro)
- Install manpages in correct system location #1546 (@Git-Jiro)
- Fix ability to show help and version without a config file #1553 (@cyrossignol)
- Refactor QT UI variable names to be more consistent, Fix Difficulty default #1563 (@barton2526)
- Fix two regressions in previous UI refactor #1565 (@barton2526)
- Fix "Owed" amount in output of "magnitude" RPC method #1569 (@cyrossignol)