The best lessons for me at school were the science classes in which the instructor was making something explode. I remember one day, the chemistry teacher donning his safety glasses and putting a perspex wall between us and a dish of water.
Pffft, water? Where's the fire dude, this is gonna be lame.
The first element he added fizzed a bit.
The second one fizzed a lot and popped.
The third one he dropped in was Potassium, at arms length, and in less than a second it seemed to jump out of the tray and a bang accompanied a white flash.
Do it again!!!
I'm not allowed, that stuff is expensive.
For the chance to win 1000 STEM (which could well be doubled if we get some engagement here), make something go pop - the louder the better!
- Short video (youtube, 3speak, dtube, etc), a quick intro to what materials you have if not obvious
- Loudest pop/bang/reaction has the best chance of winning
- Lots of votes for decent efforts
- Extra points for safety goggles
- Use #science and #geeks-contest so I can find your post
- Don't blow yourself up please, be safe and professional!