RE: Hey Steemains - Let's start a #discussion!

(Edited)

You are viewing a single comment's thread:

Hi @timclif. Just a brilliant idea!

I resteemed it and recommend everybody to do so! This could make a difference, and let me explain why...

Let's pay more attention to the phrase you wrote at the beginning of this post - "Most of the major social media platforms have their "thing".

I would like to pay your attention that other social media projects, which did fail to become popular, usually also had their "thing" - though a kind of "downside thing". We may have one on Steemit as well, and we need to fight it!

The whole idea of Steemit is brilliang, but there is one thing (to my humble opinion) that makes the future grows of the platform questionable. And this is a low number of "live blogs". With a trend to decrease. As a new Steemit user I noticed that a lot of popular Steemit bloggers (many of them are just early Steemit adopters, having nothing really brilliant content-wise) just regularly post something to get upvotes/money, absolutely ignoring the discussion under their own post.
This seems like a disrespect to their readers, and I don't think such posts should get too much upvotes, those votes would need to be better spent on good content - to make the whole idea of Steemit ready for the mass market!

And #discussion tag is a good way to fight those cases of "I care only about money" content. When someone puts #discussion on their post, by doing this he makes a COMMITMENT to be responsive, at least to those who respond to their own post with any kind of thought! :) And we all need to put our major upvotes mainly to the bloggers ready for a discussion!

0 comments