RE: Hey Steemains - Let's start a #discussion!

You are viewing a single comment's thread:

I've been searching for a way to suggest small changes that might improve the steemit experience but I couldn't find where or even any example of somebody doing so, would #discussion be a good way of suggesting and getting feedback on those ideas?

10 comments

Yes. #steemitdev would probably be another good tag. #steemdev if it applies to the blockchain instead of the UI/website.

Thanks, I've made a post using #steemitdev but it looks like you're the first one who typed it and I'm the first one who tagged a post with it. ^_^
it only got two view and one was a bot. is there a better tag to reach the developers?

Well you can use up to 5 tags on a post, I recommend all 5. #condenser is the tag for the steemit.com code base. #steemit is another tag. As far as getting the developers attention, it is tough. Usually they recommend that you try to build consensus among the community first, before trying to get the dev team's attention. I think they tend to pay more attention to the things that are getting a lot of attention/discussion.

oh, I'll put all of my effort into becoming popular then ^_^

I took a look at your post. Your suggestion is a good one, although I don't know the technical feasibility of it. I passed it along to a few of the community developers to see what they say about it.

Thanks, I have many ideas, you wouldn't mind if I make posts and ask you to check them out, would you?
or you prefer I comment them directly under one of your posts perhaps?

You can just reply to me here.

sure, for starter:
can steam users get sign-up tokens to sign their friends up? one of the problems with current sign-up system is:
There is nobody to hold their hands and walk them through valley of keys, making sure they understand the concept, and there's usually a long delay between suggesting and when they receive their conformation. (plus my friend don't have a second phone number to try again.)
A token allows those who already are active user recruit friends immediately, teach them ins and outs and send them on their way.

It does not exist currently, but there have been a lot of talks about adding it at some point.