Citizen science on Hive - Task 2 Report
The Hive blockchain is witnessing a first-of-its-kind phenomenon with respect to original content creation, no thanks to the citizen science research project initiated by @lemouth. If you are wondering what the entire project is all about and too lazy to read the link above, we (the project participants) are going to be simulating particle collision (like the one ongoing at the CERN’s Large Hadron Collider. Anyone is free to join as the previous experience is entirely not necessary. Just follow the #citizenscience to see all previous documentation about the research project.
The first thing was to start the code in terminal using the command:
And the following appeared on the screen as stated in the brief
Next was to type the following:
In order to check the Feynman diagrams and confirm that things are really to go. The screenshot of the diagram is as below:
The next stem was to input the code in order to locate a folder that has been downloaded earlier in the first task.
What I got is as below, expectedly:
Next was to launch the code
launch file_name (this is after the previous chain has been ended by using the
exit instruction). The on-screen result is the screenshot below:
run_card was edited by entering 2 and then changing
True = use_syst ! Enable systematics studies in line 129 to
False = use_syst ! Enable systematics studies and then saving it using the code
At this point, I ran into a little noobish problem as I kept going in a circle until I got to know that all I needed to do was press another enter again in order for the card to run. After waiting for about 45 minutes and tailing the process using a new terminal tab, everything went well based on what I saw on the screen below:
My on number
505.8 +- 0.8033 pb is a bit different from @lemouth's
505.491 ± 0.6866 pb. I would have been a bit worried if not that this has been cleared in the brief.
Lastly, the screenshot below is evidence that the required file for the event was correctly downloaded:
Although Lemouth said it should be about 800 MB in size but mine is 923 mb. Wondering if this difference is not significant.
See you all when the next task about the project drops.